For vegan chocolate lovers this recipe for Double Chocolate cake is an amazing option. Use Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil and water instead of eggs and butter for this rich, moist chocolate cake. Serve with your choice of vanilla topping to make It totally decadent.
For the Cake
- 1/2 cup Kricklewood Farm Sunflower oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
For the Glaze
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (70 percent cacao), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat an 8-inch Bundt or round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk water and cocoa in a small bowl until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt and make a well in center. Add cocoa mixture, Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil and vanilla.
- Whisk until smooth, whisk in vinegar and pour into pan.
- Bake about 30 to 35 minutes. Test with toothpick for doneness. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge of cake, flip onto rack then turn cake right side up. Let cool completely.
- For the glaze, melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water, stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together sugar and water in a small bowl until smooth. Add melted chocolate in a slow, steady stream, whisking until thickened, about 1 minute. Pour glaze onto center of cooled cake and spread over top and sides. Enjoy!