This is one of the best ways to enjoy the flavours of summer: Tomatoes and Basil with Sunflower Oil and fresh bread! These bruschetta are brushed with Kricklewood Farm Basil Infused Sunflower Oil on both sides and baked in the oven before being topped with fresh cherry tomatoes, garlic and basil. The oil adds delicious basil flavor and helps the baguette bake up really crispy. Enjoy as an appetizer before a meal of your favourite Italian dishes.
- ½ cup Kricklewood Farm Basil Infused Sunflower Oil
- 1 demi baguette sliced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- Coarse Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the tomatoes in half, scrape out the seeds and discard, then chop the tomatoes, place them in a medium bowl.
- Mix in the minced garlic, 1 Tbsp Kricklewood Farm Basil Infused Sunflower Oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush each baguette slice generously with Kricklewood Farm Basil Infused Sunflower Oil on both sides, then set on a baking sheet.
- Place on top rack of oven, bake until the bread turns golden brown around the edges.
- Top each slice with tomato mixture and chopped basil, drizzle additional Basil Oil, Salt and Pepper to taste. Serve immediately.