Growing up Mom used to make us kids a treat of Baking Powder Biscuits - they have a yummy stick to the ribs warmth that hits the spot on a cold day. She used butter and these are yummy with Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil. Enjoy as a snack or serve with soup, chili or stew. Use our Chili Sunflower Oil for extra spice or our Garlic Sunflower Oil for an extra special taste.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Measure first 4 ingredients into bowl, add grated cheese and combine well.
- Add cooking oil and milk, stir to form a soft ball of dough.
- Add more milk if needed to make dough soft.
- Turn out on lightly floured board and knead gently 8-10 times.
- Roll to 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- Cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, bake in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve plain or with butter.