Why let the pumpkins turn into mush on the front porch when you can take the seeds and turn them into a delicious healthy snack! Use Garlic or Roasted Chili Sunflower Oil in this recipe instead of the classic to give it even more of a kick!
The trick is to be sure the seeds are nice and dry before hand. Add the seeds to a colander, wash and remove any pulp left on the seeds. It’s okay if some flesh remains. Dry as much as possible in between a towel. It helps to crisp up the seeds during roasting.
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds, washed
- 1 tablespoon Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil: Classic, Garlic or Chili.
- 1/2 tsp salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 300*F.
- Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients and spread in a single layer on prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, mixing seed mixture after 10 minutes.
Seeds should be golden and crunchy. Bake longer if needed. Can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 months.