This vanilla cake is flavorful, moist, rich and fluffy. If you're looking for a go-to vanilla cake recipe for wedding cakes, birthday cakes, shower cakes, anniversary cakes, or just because cakes, that will have everyone who tastes it coming back for more, this is it. Finish it off with Lemon Frosting using Kricklewood Farm Lemon Sunflower Oil and it will be the hit of the party.
- 1/2 cup Kricklewood Farm Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F with rack in middle position.
- Brush Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil on a 8-inch round pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil, milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine using a whisk or an electric mixer until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack in the pan.
- Once cooled, ice the cake with your favourite frosting. Add Kricklewood Farm Lemon Sunflower Oil to your recipe for a delicious citrus frosting.