Shrimp toast is all about crispy, golden brown, slices of toasted bread topped with shrimp. We've taken the popular Asian appetizer and made it our own using Kricklewood Farm Aioli. It's a great presentation and very tasty for a casual get together or more formal gathering.
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. Kricklewood Farm Aioli
- 2 Tbsp. Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil
- 1 lb. large cooked shrimp, patted dry, halved lengthwise
- 4 scallions, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 Tbsp. drained capers
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 half-inch-thick slices rustic country-style bread
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven broiler on low.
- Mix shrimp, scallions, capers, red pepper flakes, salt, and ½ cup Kricklewood Farm Aioli in a medium bowl to combine.
- Spread bread slices with remaining 2 Tbsp. Aioli.
- Arrange shrimp, cut side down on bread, add capers and scallions. Press shrimp into the bread to ensure good contact. Place on a plate and chill 10 - 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil in skillet over medium heat. Toast each, bread side down, 15 seconds, then place on broiler pan.
- Place pan under broiler, watching toasts carefully, until golden and crisp in spots. Approximately 3-5 minutes depending on the oven.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cut each in half. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.