July is when the green beans are usually ready in the garden in our area of Eastern Ontario and once they start producing, it gives lots to enjoy right away and lots to blanche and freeze for enjoying over the winter months. If you like garlic, this recipe is a guaranteed winner of a side dish featuring Kricklewood Farm Garlic Sunflower Oil. If you prefer to cook over the BBQ during the hot summer months, I've done it that way too but keep a close eye in case your temperature is hard to control. If green beans aren't your thing, you can use Kricklewood Farm Garlic Sunflower Oil to roast any veggie you prefer. A sliced onion added to the recipe is an option too.
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 TBSP or to taste Kricklewood Farm Garlic Sunflower Oil
- ¼ teaspoon or to taste fine sea salt
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and trim green beans and pat dry.
- Place on baking sheet, drizzle Kricklewood Farm Garlic Sunflower Oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to be sure everything is lightly coated in oil and arrange in a single layer.
- Roast 14 to 16 minutes until crisp-tender with some golden, caramelized spots. Broil for a few extra minutes if you want them more crispy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy with grated Parmesan cheese, chili flakes or toasted sliced almonds. Add a dollop of Kricklewood Farm Garlic Aioli for even more garlic flavour.