If you grew up HATING Brussel Sprouts (as I did), it was probably because they were overcooked and mushy (sorry Mom). Now I love them and look forward to getting them fresh each Fall. This recipe is a bit decadent with bacon and pecans and brown sugar but oh so delicious. The sweet and salty combo makes this a killer side dish!
- ¼ cup Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil.
- 1 Ib Bacon, baked and diced.
- 2 Ibs Brussel Sprouts, halved.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- 3 Tablespoons butter.
- 2 cups Pecans, coarsely chopped.
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Balsamic Reduction.
- Toss the Brussel Sprouts with Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil, salt, and pepper in a skillet over medium heat. Roast until browned and the edges are crisp.
- In another small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Mix in pecans, brown sugar, and garlic salt. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Combine the Brussel sprouts, bacon, and pecans in serving bowl. Top with balsamic reduction.
- Serve and Enjoy!