This recipe came to us from Shannon Miller of Millers Bay Farm. It was part of 'Recipes from Shannon's Kitchen' which is sent out to CSA customers for inspirational recipes using their fresh veggies. Recently a customer let Shannon know about one small change she made:
"I made this last year and found it to be my favourite coleslaw recipe considering how simple it is…BUT for me, what really took it over the top was replacing the vegetable oil with Kricklewood Farm Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil!" Cathi D.
Such an awesome testimonial we just had to share it plus the recipe. Thank you Cathi, Shannon an of course Aunt Edythe.
- 1 large cabbage, shredded (approx 7 cups)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 cut white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- In Saucepan combine Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Combine cabbage, onion, carrot and parsely in a large bowl.
- Pour hot liquid mixture over vegetables.
- Toss together well.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
This coleslaw will keep in the refrigerator for up to a month – if you can resist eating it for that long.