These Carrot Apple Muffins are a great healthy breakfast muffin, soft and full of delicious flavor. They’re very moist from the grated carrots and apples and have a delicious spicy flavor from the nutmeg and cinnamon. Thank you to Sandra H for the recipe and the sample!
- 1/2 cup Kricklewood Farm Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup apple peeled and grated
- Optional: 1/2 cup nuts, 1/4 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Fold in remaining ingredients: carrots, apple, nuts, coconut.
- Scoop into 12 regular-sized greased muffin tins and sprinkle a little coarse sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.