Another amazing recipe from our friend Deb Abbott, this one using fresh local scapes to create a delicious pesto to serve with pasta topped with grilled chicken or spread on fresh crusty bread!
Garlic Scape Pesto with Basil
Author: Deb Abbott
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 2 servings
- ½ cup Kricklewood Sunflower oil
- 10 -12 garlic scapes, sliced crosswise into small pieces
- ¼ cup raw shelled unsalted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- Place the garlic scapes in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add the sunflower seeds and pulse for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl of the processor.
- Add the Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil and process on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the basil and lemon juice, and process until reaching the desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste and serve immediately.
- Serve tossed with hot cooked pasta. Or spread on fresh crusty bread or grilled chicken or pork.