This is an absolutely fabulous tuna recipe! Though quick and easy to prepare, the results look as if you slaved over the stove all day!
Lemon Infused Poached Tuna
Author: Kricklewood Farm
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 cups Kricklewood Farm Lemon Sunflower Oil
- 12oz Fresh Albacore Tuna (Sliced into ¾")
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 thick slices Lemon (Cut into ½)
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Place rosemary, bay leaves and lemon slices on the bottom of a medium saucepan.
- Place sliced Albacore Tuna on top and cover with Lemon Sunflower Oil. Season with Sea Salt and cracked Black Pepper.
- Cook over low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes. Lemon Sunflower Oil should just begin to bubble. Do not overcook, Tuna should remain somewhat cool to touch.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat, flip over each piece of Tuna and cover the pan with a lid. Allow the tuna to sit in the warm oil for about 5 to 10 minutes, or cooked until desired pinkness.
Thanks to Deb Abbott for contributing this recipe of her delicious Beet, Parsnip and Radish Slaw. Great any time of year and especially during BBQ season!
Beet, Parsnip and Radish Slaw
Author: Deb Abbott
Recipe type: Salad
- ⅓ cup Kricklewood Sunflower Oil
- 1 small orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp. Kricklewood Farm honey; more to taste
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium beets, peeled, quartered, and cut into a julienne
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into a julienne
- 5 medium radishes, trimmed and cut into a julienne
- ¼ cup snipped chives
- Finely grate the zest from the orange and the lemon. Squeeze enough juice from the lemon to measure 2 Tbs.
- In a large bowl, whisk the zests, lemon juice, shallot, honey, and 1 tsp. salt; let stand for about 10 minutes to mellow the shallots.
- Whisk in the oil in a slow stream and add a generous pinch of pepper.
- Add the beets, parsnip, radishes, and chives, and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with more salt, pepper, lemon juice, or honey. Serve right away for a refreshingly crunchy slaw or let sit for up to 2 hours for the beets to soften a bit.
We are constantly looking for new locations to make Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil available to more people. Recent new locations are Algoma Orchards in Clarington, ON and B&B Food Market in Alexandria, ON. Visit our ‘Find a Store’ page to find the location nearest to you!