Thanks to Deb Abbott for contributing this recipe of her delicious Beet, Parsnip and Radish Slaw. Great any time of year and especially during BBQ season!
Beet, Parsnip and Radish Slaw
Author: Deb Abbott
Recipe type: Salad
- ⅓ cup Kricklewood Sunflower Oil
- 1 small orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp. Kricklewood Farm honey; more to taste
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium beets, peeled, quartered, and cut into a julienne
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into a julienne
- 5 medium radishes, trimmed and cut into a julienne
- ¼ cup snipped chives
- Finely grate the zest from the orange and the lemon. Squeeze enough juice from the lemon to measure 2 Tbs.
- In a large bowl, whisk the zests, lemon juice, shallot, honey, and 1 tsp. salt; let stand for about 10 minutes to mellow the shallots.
- Whisk in the oil in a slow stream and add a generous pinch of pepper.
- Add the beets, parsnip, radishes, and chives, and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with more salt, pepper, lemon juice, or honey. Serve right away for a refreshingly crunchy slaw or let sit for up to 2 hours for the beets to soften a bit.