Another recipe from Cécile Wehrell of Cécile’s Untamed Kitchen: Twisted Slaw, or a coleslaw revisited with cordial & an oil-based vinaigrette. Cécile reminded us that this recipe is approximate and is meant to inspire you to create your own combination of veggies. Play with it!
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed Kricklewood Farm Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
- 1 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp or more Ginger Säft Cordial
- Fresh ginger to taste
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 small white cabbage – thinly sliced (use a mandoline or a food processor if needed)
- 2 or 3 kale leaves – thinly chopped
- 1 small kohlrabi – grated
- Fresh basil or parsley – minced
- In a small bowl, make your vinaigrette. Pour over the veggies (you might not need all of it) & adjust the seasoning to your taste. This salad will taste even better once it rests ?
- VARIATIONS… using… beets, butternut squash (yes, you can eat it raw), carrots, collard greens, radishes, red cabbage, turnips.