This simple recipe combines two of my favourite things: Butter and Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil! If you have had our Sunflower Oil, you will know it has a light nutty and buttery flavour on its own. By combining it with butter (salted or unsalted, your choice - I prefer salted) you get a very smooth and easy to spread consistency perfect for sandwiches or topping popcorn or freshly steamed veggies.
This recipe makes just enough to fit in my butter dish and lasts a week or so for 2 people. You might double it if your household is bigger.
- 1/2 cup Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 pound room temperature Butter
- Using a small food processor or stick blender, pour Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil into container.
- Cut Butter into small cubes. I microwave for 20 seconds to soften even further than room temperature.
- Run food processor until well combined. If the butter is partially melted it won't take long, under 30 seconds.
- Use spatula to put into container for storage.
That is all. You can store in refrigerator or on the counter. I find as the weather warms you may prefer it in the refrigerator.
Thank you Ann C from Kemptville for filling us in on this simple recipe. I've been enjoying it for months since she shared it with us.