These Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps will be a hit as an appetizer for any occasion. A nice balance of blue and cream cheeses with a hint of citrus. Your guests will think you've been in the kitchen all day!
- 2 tablespoons Kricklewood Farm Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
- 1 tablespoon Kricklewood Farm Lemon Infused Sunflower oil
- 24 large mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 ounce package nonfat cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- 4 ounces Blue Cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop fine. Set the caps aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the Sunflower Oil. Add the chopped mushroom stems, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Reduce the heat to low; add the parsley, cream cheese, blue cheese, Lemon Sunflower oil. Stir until the cheeses are melted and well blended. Remove from the heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the mushroom caps, filling generously.
- Place the stuffed mushroom caps on a baking sheet with sides. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked and the cheese is lightly browned. Remove from the heat and place the mushrooms on a large serving plate or platter. Serve immediately.