There is nothing like a good feeding of Fish and Chips and this recipe is from Dawn F of Smiths Falls - the only change I made is to use Lemon Sunflower Oil instead of Lemon Juice in the batter to give it a bit of a zest and to finish it off with a good helping of Dill Aioli! Great served with regular fries with Garlic Aioli or Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Aioli. And if you enjoy Cole Slaw with your Fish and Chips, try out Aunt Edythe's recipe.
- Kricklewood Farm Dill Aioli
- 1 TBSP Kricklewood Farm Lemon Oil.
- 1 can of Beer, regular or non-alcohol.
- 2 cups Flour, 2 TBSP Baking Powder, Salt and Pepper to Taste.
- 8 oz Cod or Haddock Fillets.
- Mix all batter ingredients together for a thin consistency. Add more beer or water if required.
- Season fish with salt and pepper, pat dry.
- Dredge in flour then batter and fry in 350 F oil until cooked through and golden brown, about 4 minutes, 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with Kricklewood Farm Dill Aioli.
Optional: Serve with Sweet Potato Fries with Kricklewood Farm Spicy Aioli and a side of Aunt Edythe's Coleslaw.