This dish combines the fresh flavour of hand-picked basil and Kricklewood Farm Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil. Top with grilled chicken breast to make this dish even more enjoyable.
Sunflower Basil Pesto on Penne Pasta
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh basil leaves, chopped and packed
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) sunflower seeds
- 3 medium-sized garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup (125 mL) Kricklewood Farm Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Using a food processor, combine the basil and sunflower seeds and pulse a few times until mixed.
- Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the sunflower oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on.
- Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended.
- Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve over al dente penne pasta, top with sunflower seeds, parmesan cheese.
- Top with grilled chicken breast to make this dish even more enjoyable.