Spinach and Mushroom Italian Style
Author: Wendy Banks
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 tbsp Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 14 ounce mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounce fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup white wine
- chopped Parsley
- Heat the Sunflower Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in the oil until they start to become tender. Add the mushrooms, and fry until they begin to shrink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Toss in the spinach, and fry, stirring constantly for a few minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Add the vinegar, stirring constantly until it is absorbed, then stir in the white wine. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until the wine has almost completely absorbed. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve hot.