This recipe for Oven Roasted Honey Walnuts was sent in by Deb Abbott and makes a perfect hostess gift this time of year. Thanks Deb – can’ t wait to try it!
Oven Roasted Honey Walnuts
Author: Deb Abbott
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 2 tbsp of Kricklewood Farm Sunflower Oil
- 2 tbsp of Kricklewood Farm honey
- 2 tsps of sweet smoked paprika
- 4 cups Walnut halves or pieces
- 2 tsps quality sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place a medium pan on medium heat; add the Sunflower Oil and honey warm through for 2 minutes.
- Toss the Sunflower Oil/honey mixture with the walnuts.
- Spread mixture over a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake the walnuts for 20 minutes, or until golden all over, carefully shaking the tray every 10 minutes to make sure they cook evenly.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Once cooled you can keep them for a week or 10 days in sealed mason jars.