Lemon Pineapple Carrot Muffins
For this hearty carrot muffin recipe full of pineapple, nuts, oatmeal and raisins, the Kricklewood Farm Lemon Sunflower Oil adds a delicious citrus touch. Makes a great weekend addition to brunch or on their own. Enjoy!
Author: Kricklewood Farm
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 16 muffins
- ½ cup Kricklewood Farm Lemon Infused Sunflowewr Oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice, undrained
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup oatmeal
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottoms only of 16 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. In large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine oil, pineapple and egg; blend well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in carrots, raisins, walnuts and oatmeal. Fill greased muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake at 375°F. for about 20 minutes or until muffins are light brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.