This is an absolutely fabulous tuna recipe! Though quick and easy to prepare, the results look as if you slaved over the stove all day!
Lemon Infused Poached Tuna
Author: Kricklewood Farm
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 cups Kricklewood Farm Lemon Sunflower Oil
- 12oz Fresh Albacore Tuna (Sliced into ¾")
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 thick slices Lemon (Cut into ½)
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Place rosemary, bay leaves and lemon slices on the bottom of a medium saucepan.
- Place sliced Albacore Tuna on top and cover with Lemon Sunflower Oil. Season with Sea Salt and cracked Black Pepper.
- Cook over low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes. Lemon Sunflower Oil should just begin to bubble. Do not overcook, Tuna should remain somewhat cool to touch.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat, flip over each piece of Tuna and cover the pan with a lid. Allow the tuna to sit in the warm oil for about 5 to 10 minutes, or cooked until desired pinkness.