Chicken Piccata with Lemon Infused Sunflower Oil
Chicken breasts can be made extra special in short order with this simple recipe! Serve over pasta or rice to make it complete.
Author: Kricklewood Farm
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Kricklewood Farm Lemon Infused Sunflower Oil
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour, divided (about ½ cup)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2½ tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¾ cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1½ tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to ½-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Place 1 teaspoon flour in a small bowl, and place remaining flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour in shallow dish; shake off excess.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon lemon infused sunflower oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots to pan; sauté 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Add ¼ cup broth to reserved 1 teaspoon flour; stir until smooth. Add remaining ½ cup broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in flour mixture; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1½ tablespoons butter, and capers.
- Place 1 chicken breast half on each of 4 plates; top each serving with about 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle each serving with about 2 teaspoons parsley.