Buttery Lemon Sunflower Oil Squares
Author: Kricklewood Farm
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 bars
- 4 tablespoons Kricklewood Farm Lemon Sunflower Oil
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter and ½ cup powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in 2 cups flour until dough is no longer crumbly. Pat into a ball.
- Press dough evenly into a buttered and floured 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350° oven until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, or in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, whirl or beat granulated sugar, remaining ⅓ cup flour, baking powder, lemon sunflower oil, and eggs to blend. Pour onto hot crust.
- Bake until lemon mixture is no longer runny in the center (cut to test), 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and dust with remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
- Let cool completely in pan, then cut into 24 bars.